[Beowulf] Admin action request

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Fri Nov 22 11:00:15 PST 2013

On 11/22/13 15:42, Joe Landman wrote:
>     We are seeing a return to the posting of multiple full articles
> again.  We've asked several times that this not occur.  It appears to be
> a strong consensus from many I spoke with at SC13 this year, that there
> is little (actually no) support for the full article postings.  As we

I think "no support" may be a bit overreaching, but nevertheless, I
could support administrative action if and only if the rules are put in
writing someplace and said user(s) breach them again.  Maybe they are --
I did a quick search and couldn't quite find any.

Punishing someone because a subset (even a large subset) of the list has
sent emails that disagree with a particular user's actions doesn't seem
right, to me at least.  A bit too much like witch burning for my
comfort.  The only clean way to do it is have a set of rules setup by
the administration and to have the administration take action on clear
breaches of those rules.

Just my 2c though.  Maybe people prefer a more "organic" approach to
rules and enforcement.

Best,

ellis