[Beowulf] Diskless Phi node installs?

Jason Stover jason at r-hpc.com
Mon May 6 07:45:48 PDT 2013

Argh... Seems this address wasn't subscribed previously.... So, we'll
try this one more time: :/

  -----

You can NFS mount /opt/intel without any issues. The problem comes
with the /opt/intel/mic/filesystems directory. That needs to be unique
on each Phi node. You can override MicDir and RootDevice on a per
device config:

  /etc/sysconfig/mic/mic#.conf.

See the file:
  https://warewulf.lbl.gov/svn/trunk/mic/libexec/wwfirstboot/99-michost.wwfb

For an basic example of how it's implemented in Warewulf (Search for $MICPATH).

The MPSS does need to be installed in the RAM disk image (for micctrl,
mpssd, etc..), but the large directory:
  /usr/linux-k1om-4.7

Should also be able to be NFS mounted without to much issue since it's
just the cross-compiler, and k1om specific libs.

-J

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Christopher Samuel