[Beowulf] Power calculations , double precision, ECC and power of APU's

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 22 07:42:34 PDT 2013

Suddenly only single precision without ECC is interesting. First time
in history i've see anyone on this list care for that.
Past decades only double precision with ECC mattered. Single
precision overclocked and missing bits as always as all those
gpu's do because of total overheating, was only for the gamer kids
who fry every few months a videocard so to speak,
because of too high of an overclock.

Now intel releases a built in gpu line which obviously has no ECC
inside the gpu and i doubt it has any double precision
significance, and then suddenly only single precision without ECC is
interesting.

A dutch saying is: "whose bread you eat his word you speak"

That's the only relevant saying here and nothing else.