[Beowulf] anyone using SALT on your clusters?

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 01:15:25 PDT 2013

Hi Joe,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Joe Landman
<landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:
>> For shuffling data around and the equivalent of what Salt's original
>> purpose in life was, we use prsync and pssh. They work very well. We can
>
> To this day we still prefer pdsh from LANL.  Its (IMO) the best of the
> lot, and we leverage it extensively in tiburon.

Did you try ClusterShell (http://cea-hpc.github.io/clustershell/)?
It's in Python, faster than pdsh
(https://github.com/cea-hpc/clustershell/wiki/Pdsh), and it's also a
full framework you can reuse for you own code. It's notably used in
Shine, a command line tool designed to setup and manage Lustre
filesystems (http://sourceforge.net/p/lustre-shine/wiki/QuickStart/).

Cheers,
--
Kilian