[Beowulf] { hopefully on topic } tools for measuring dir sizes and growth trends on 30TB+ scale-out NAS?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Jul 3 17:14:04 PDT 2013

On 07/03/2013 08:00 PM, Geoff Jacobs wrote:

>> RGB mentions the figurative use of a "sucker rod" and the related
>> flogging. (I am assuming that he was using a short length of the rod..
>> The full 20 feet or so is a bit unwieldy) {I can't recall how to search
>> the archived list so I can't provide specifics)
>> Spinal Tap's manager Ian Faith seemed to favor the use of a sturdy
>> cricket bat to gain the attention of the listeners.
> What about a clue-by-four?

Being a fan of some recent animated movies like MegaMind, I like the
"Forget Me stick".

Or from BOFHism:  the LART

I have to admit, that the first time I heard about a LART I almost fell
over laughing.  And shortly thereafter personally witnessed the specific
need for one.

But James Cuff has a great story about the need for LART on his blog
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics, Inc.
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com