[Beowulf] Configuration management tools/strategy

Walid walid.shaari at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 05:38:40 PST 2013

Dear All,

At work we are starting to evaluate Configuration management to be used to
manage several diverse hpc clusters, and their diverse node types. I wanted
to see what are other admins, and HPC users experience like,  the ones that
we will start evaluating are CFEngine3, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, ansible,
and blueprint. there might other products that we need to evluate in
partnership such as Foreman, spacewalk, ..etc.

I would like to hear from you if you did evaluate such tools, or using one,
or have a different strategy in keeping and maintaining configurations.

Thank you,

Walid