[Beowulf] getting a phi, dammit.

Dr Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:49:59 PST 2013

In theory it is possibly, but I suspect in practise it isn't.  The phi's are diskless and with no way to attach the disk, you will need to do it via NFS or some other network file system (or write your own file system over the pci bridge).

You might be able to use iscsi… but I'm not sure… latency might still kill you.

You can bridge the phi to the outside world (ie. give it an IP on your lan) and do anything you can do with a diskless cluster node.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at sdm900.com