[Beowulf] Intel Phi musings

Dr Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:46:07 PST 2013

It was simple really.  Within 1hr, I had recompiled a large amount of our codes to run on the phi's and then ssh'ed to the Phi and ran them… Saw that a single phi was faster than our current 4 socket AMD 6276 (64 cores) and then ordered machines with 2 phi's in them :)

I didn't bother with any of the compiler directives etc… just treated them like a 240core (hyper threaded) computer… and saw great scaling.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at sdm900.com