[Beowulf] SSD caching for parallel filesystems

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 11 03:49:59 PST 2013

Andrew,

Companies can deliver to companies things dirt cheap. Companies have
basically zero rights compared to citizen.
For example if you buy product A, then a customer has the right to
return, within a given period of time.
A company doesn't have that right, unless agreed contractual.

So that makes things a lot easier when companies buy in massively
from you - as the service you have to deliver is really
limited compared to the rest.

In fact under EU law you have the right of 2 years service and
garantuee as a customer. A company doesn't have that.
Bought is bought. Which returns?

If you run a shop, you have personnel, you have EXPENSIVE rent, not
seldom in the center of a city and you have a difficult to maintain
website.

So a luxury product produced for X dollar in Asia, usually ends up
for 4X in the shops.

That was the case 30 years ago, that still is the case.