[Beowulf] SSD caching for parallel filesystems

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 10 23:57:57 PST 2013

On Feb 10, 2013, at 11:39 PM, Andrew Holway wrote:

>>> Right.  So since nobody I know can get them at that price, let's
>>> continue talking about them in terms of their real price: 150-200
>>> dollars.  I'm not going to have a discussion about imaginary pricing
>>> nobody I know of has access to.
>>
>> pardon me?
>>
>> 3 TB raid disks delivering 200 MB/s if you just buy one are 120 euro
>> here.
>
> Vincent, You are directly contradicting yourself. First you state that
> disks are "$35 for a 2 TB" and then "3 TB, 200MB/s" disks are €120.
> Both these claims are patently bullshit.

Buy in price actually for a company here is $35 already a year ago
for 2TB disks.
They basically have 2 shops selling well in Netherlands and Germany.
I'm not sure they like to get mentionned here, but knowing you know
some German,
you should have no problems figuring out that shop name if you think
well.

You seem to have no idea what determines prices when you buy in a lot
versus just 1.

Vincent