[Beowulf] SSD caching for parallel filesystems

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Feb 8 14:57:10 PST 2013

> solid devices as well (also expensive however).  I think Micron also has
> a native PCIe device in the wild now, the P320h?  Anybody know of other,
> native PCIe devices?

I'm not even sure what "native" PCIe flash would look like.  Do you mean
that the driver and/or filesystem would have to do the wear-levelling and
block remapping and garbage collection explicitly?

the one flash-on-PCIe device I have experience with is OCZ's Velo,
which have an LSI megaraid across 4 sata-ssd channels.  I wasn't
overly impressed, though the specs for the newer Z-Drive R4 seem
significantly improved.  (even the 4-channel half height version.)

regards, mark.