[Beowulf] I am trying to build a Beowulf cluster for media purposes.

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Feb 7 01:33:12 PST 2013

Hello,
I hope my email finds the right people who can help me with my question. I will go straight to the point, I am trying
to build a Linux-based Beowulf cluster which can encode music for me.

Yazeed, that sounds an interesting project.
All you need to do is choose a Linux OS - I use SuSE Linux, but Debian might be a good choice here.

Just install Linux from CD-ROM on all five computers - or even better install it on one computer
And use something like Autoyast (for SuSE) or Debian FAI to automate the install ont he other four.

Once you have done that install a simple batch processing system.
In your case look at Gridengine or Condor maybe or Openpbs?

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.