[Beowulf] Supermicro BIOS error (was Nvidia K20 + Supermicro mobo)

Mikhail Kuzminsky mikky_m at mail.ru
Thu Aug 15 11:34:06 PDT 2013

Previously I described here the situation w/GPU K20c on Supermicro X9SCA-F mobo, where NVIDIA driver v.319.32 (last version) can't be installed.

NVIDIA wrote me, that it's Supermicro board (BIOS) error: BIOS don't allocate memory (via BAR registers) for driver.

We found that this erroneoues situation is absent on Supermicro board X8-series, and on ASUS board - driver was installed successfully on OpenSUSE 12.3 (and 11.4 also); nvidia-smi utility works normally.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Computer Assistance to Chemical Research Center
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow