[Beowulf] Definition of HPC

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Thu Apr 18 12:17:08 PDT 2013

On 04/18/2013 02:55 PM, Joe Landman wrote:
> [I am not BOFH ... I am not BOFH ... I am not BOFH ...]

It should be against list policy for some of you somewhat more
"experienced" guys to share insanely hilarious tomes of literature I
managed to miss in the nineties.  This is bound to suck down many days
of my time over the next week.

> And don't get me started on "I have RAID therefore I don't need a backup".

Wait, what?  But I always run my 'mv' and 'rm' commands on my RAID as
root to make sure those files can't be deleted by other users!  Then you
don't need backup!

Joking...  I can see the Dilbert steam rising.

ellis