[Beowulf] Definition of HPC

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Apr 18 10:11:29 PDT 2013

>> I run my X-ray generator with all safety interlocks off -
>> personal responsibility are my watchwords.

>Does your radiation safety officer knows that ?
>;-)

First running down stairs with scissors, now taking the interlocks off Xray sources.
Who knew that Beowulfery really was a sport for adrenalin junkies?

Me, I genuinely do say very often that I should have taken up lion taming.
A much more predictable job than managing HPC clusters, and if things go wrong the lions will do less damage to you than
a gang of angry users.
Also so long as you don't show fear you can keep both users and wild lions in line.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.