[Beowulf] Cloud / HPC

James Cuff james.cuff at cyclecomputing.com
Mon Apr 15 10:58:55 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Douglas Eadline <deadline at eadline.org>
> > Finally a well balanced, hype free article by respected industry expert
> > Jeff Layton:
> >
> > http://www.admin-magazine.com/HPC/articles/the_cloud_s_role_in_hpc
> Excuse me James for hijacking your post. I'll try to be brief.
> I want to chime in on the copy and paste to the list issue
> using this story as an example.

I agree with you Doug.  Mind you it is a slippery old slope I can tell you.

Since leaving academia this January, and joining Cycle I wanted to
point out a couple of issues I've noticed:

- my IQ has dropped 78 points

- my email now defaults to HTML

- (salespitcyitis) aware that any critical discourse with me should
now always be thought of as a sales pitch
   (Joe L. also suffers violently from this haha! *duck*, *run*,
*hide* - always forget he is a black belt hehe!)

- wearing "the business mullet" all the time

- any knowledge of high performance interconnects just simply vanished
*poof* *gone*

- new found obsessive interest in these things they call "skymiles" #

- things like this happen to me:

- although I do sorta remember the mythical "RC Director" that Jeff
alluded to in his article, but it is such a long, distant and hazy

- I've starting to actually think this might be a good product idea:

Joking aside, keep up the great work guys, you are each and all, an
awesome asset to the community!  More than happy to be clicking the