[Beowulf] Roadrunner shutdown

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Fri Apr 5 10:07:36 PDT 2013

> I would think that the problem is more that you can easily stamp out
> another 1000 processors than another 10 software developers.  HPC
> developers are the scarce commodity, and just throwing money at it doesn't
> solve the problem.

Brother Jim, as a card-carrying member of the Union of HPC Wranglers and the Confraternity of Supercomputer Mavens,
as a comrade I ask you not to make statements like this.

Indeed, I shall be reporting you to the JPL chapter of said Union.

Any further talk of NOT throwing money at HPC experts is not to be tolerated.
Indeed, I can cope with oodles of money being thrown at me and I can solve lots of problems!

Seriously though - if skills like ours are that rare, and can save lots of computer resources,
why in a capitalist (running dog) society are we not being rewarded with millions of $$$ ??

Signed:
Brother John Hearns
Shop Steward, Union of HPC Wranglers
Motto - "One CPU out, All CPUs out"

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.