[Beowulf] Servers Too Hot? Intel Recommends a Luxurious Oil Bath

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Sep 3 20:49:23 PDT 2012

I think the niche they have in mind is "server farms". The
Google/Facebook/whoever modern datacenter design that uses free air
cooling and hot/cold segregation and whatnot to get down to a SPUE of
1.15 doesn't leave much energy to cut outside the server. Getting rid
of the fans is a ~ 15% win. Whether that's worth a mess depends on how
big of a mess it is.

-- greg