[Beowulf] Fwd: warewulf - cannot log into nodes

Duke Nguyen duke.lists at gmx.com
Mon Nov 26 20:51:17 PST 2012

On 11/22/12 1:59 AM, Gus Correa wrote:

> You probably mean MVAPICH2 (not MPIPICH2).

Yes, I meant MVAPICH2 :).

On 11/21/12 4:49 PM, Hearns, John wrote:

> You can get a lot of help on the OpenMPI mailing list.
> It is friendly, and the developers will answer questions quickly.
> Please join that list!

Thanks for this recommendation. I actually have been in openmpi list
since I first started with a small cluster (one desktop, two laptops)
and tried to cluster them using NFS, DHCP, openMPI etc... few months
ago, and I got a lot of help from openmpi community. Honestly, these
experience helped me a lot this time.

> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/overview/mvapich2/
>
> MPICH2 doesn't support IB, but works over TCP/IP and other protocols.
>
> http://www.mpich.org/
> Also, if you decide to use a resource manager (which you probably
> should in a cluster), such as Torque+Maui, or SGE/OGE, or Slurm,
> install it first, and build Open-MPI with resource manager
> support.
> This makes parallel job launching and management much simpler.
> (The three above have mailing lists also.)
>
> http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/products/
> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui-cluster-scheduler.php
> https://computing.llnl.gov/linux/slurm/
> http://www.oracle.com/us/products/tools/oracle-grid-engine-075549.html

Thanks! Yes, I am trying to get the system work with Torque/Maui/OpenMPI
now.

D.