[Beowulf] Supercomputers face growing resilience problems

Deepak Singh mndoci at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:45:21 PST 2012

And this is the bit that concerns me the most.  At scale you should only be
making two assumptions: (1) everything breaks all the time (2) you will
have network partitions.  Checkpoint/restart is a lazy option that has no
place in modern software. Yet there doesn't seem to be a priority to go
beyond checkpoint restart and rethinking software architecture. I would
argue that's as much or more important than figuring out manycore.