[Beowulf] PXEBoot struggling

Duke Nguyen duke.lists at gmx.com
Mon Nov 19 07:54:03 PST 2012

On 11/13/12 4:20 PM, Jon Tegner wrote:
> How are you planning to boot your nodes?
>
> I have used perceus (http://www.perceus.org/) and was happy with it.
> There is also Warewulf (http://warewulf.lbl.gov or
> http://hpc.admin-magazine.com/Articles/Warewulf-Cluster-Manager-Master-and-Compute-Nodes)
> which I haven't used.

Hum, since lots of recommendation on warewulf, I decided to give it a
try. First impression is... wow, it is for SL6.2 and mine is SL6.3,
should be very similar. Unfortunately after giving it a try, I realized
that the article is a little bit old. For example, the repo download
link should be

# wget http://warewulf.lbl.gov/downloads/repo/warewulf-rhel6.repo -O
/etc/yum.repos.d/warewulf-rhel6.repo

Anyway, no big deal. I got everything as instructed until the step to
create database using setup.sql:

[root at localhost ~]# mysql warewulf < /usr/share/warewulf/setup.sql -p

but unfortunately there is no setup.sql there. Setup.sql was removed:
http://warewulf.lbl.gov/trac/changeset/1053#file0.

Any advise how to proceed?

Thanks,

D.