[Beowulf] Mark Hahn's Beowulf/Cluster/HPC mini-FAQ for newbies & some further thoughts

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Mon Nov 5 07:04:36 PST 2012

To do this properly, and generate a realistic reverberation field, would
also involve frequency response behaviour or the walls, and most likely
many more walls.  To get realistic decays involving fiftieth-order or
hundredth-order reflections, the number of paths to simulate (per sound
source) would be completely out of the range of any known computing
resource.

Robin, thankyou for a really, really interesting explanation.

So at last - we find what Exascale computers will be used for. Modelling concert halls!

But fiftieth order reflections? Are sounds really that strong that we could hear something at that level?
Maybe, for all I know.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.