[Beowulf] cpu's versus gpu's - was Intel buys QLogic InfiniBand business

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Tue Jan 31 07:30:48 PST 2012

On 01/31/2012 07:15 AM, Glen Beane wrote:
> Did this list used to be moderated?  I remember when I first joined there would be a significant delay for my email sent to the list, while I was waiting for my replies to show up a whole conversation would be unfolding between "veteran posters"

Yea, same used to happen to me back in '06 when I first joined.  Sent an
email about it and got a response back from Don Becker stating that I
was taken off the moderation list.  I'm not sure if he's still the
moderator anymore, however.  While I think that's a great way to deal
with newcomers, I'm not sure there is a fair way to determine which of
the existing posters are and are not trolls deserving of moderation.
Therefore I also vote to continue in a non-moderated fashion.

On that note, my sincere apologies to the list if any of my replies
served in any way to kindle this discussion.  I got a bit colorful due
to a building frustration from years of eye-rolling.

Best,

ellis