[Beowulf] cpu's versus gpu's - was Intel buys QLogic InfiniBand business

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:07:11 PST 2012

Instead of appointing a moderator, we could grow one with recursive Page
Ranking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_ranking) (in math we knew
about this type of thing a while ago because of "citation analysis", see
the link).

Someone writes an open script and members of the list mail it with the
answers to these three questions:
1. do you volunteer to moderate?
2. Who should moderate? (give email addresses)
3. Who should judge who should moderate? (give email addresses).

Then you iterate over scoring people by "wisdom" and who gets the most
"wise" votes, until the scores converge.
The biggest hurdle would probably be getting volunteers, though.
Peter