[Beowulf] cpu's versus gpu's - was Intel buys QLogic InfiniBand business

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Fri Jan 27 08:25:15 PST 2012

On 01/27/2012 11:15 AM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> And why do you post this?

"Assuming you're not completely born stupid, i assume you will realize
that IN ORDER to" write an effective email that conveys some idea or
argument, it is extremely helpful to utilize some form of etiquette or
at the very least, self-restraint in your writing so we all don't stop
reading your emails.  In fact, while it's not a terribly great book
IMHO, it might still help to read "How to Win Friends and Influence
People."  Seems like you have enough time on your hands to write
near-to-incoherent emails on this list and program near-to-impossible
applications for GPUs, so perhaps if you can steal a little time from
one or the other you can finish it in a day or so.

But admittedly, perhaps requesting etiquette from you is truly an
unthinkable thing to do.  Hence your boggled state of mind.

ellis