[Beowulf] Larrabee - Mark Hahn's personal attack

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 26 22:04:17 PST 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 2:48 AM, Mark Hahn wrote:

>> Larrabee indeed resembles itanium to some extend, but not quite.
>
> wow, that has to be your most loosely-tethered-to-reality statement
> yet!
> it's true that Larrabee and Itanium are very close
> in the number of letters in their name.

Your personal attack seems to indicate you disagree with my
qualification of the entire Larrabee line
having any reality sense in the long run.

Instead of throwing mudd, mind to explain why a Larrabee,
an architecture far away from mainstream, makes any chance of
competing in HPC
with the existing architectural concepts in the long run?

Vincent