[Beowulf] CPU Startup Combines CPU+DRAM‹And A Whole Bunch Of Crazy

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 23 12:17:01 PST 2012

I don't know..

Maybe it's the list of potential applications (some of which are
speculative and well out there) is what it takes to justify VC..

Like DARPA.. High risk, high reward.  The typical VC doesn't expect every
investment to hit, but the ones that do, they want big returns from.

If you're just interested in slogging through successive refinement, there
are probably other sources of capital that are more appropriate.

While some of those things are downright creepy, none of them appear to
violate the laws of physics, and if someone with cash is willing to put
some up to run the idea forward and establish a position (patent term is
20 years after all.. Which is a long ways in the future in the technology
world).

In 2030 there may be gripes on the equivalent of SlashDot about how this
Venray had patents on all the fundamental things people are using.  Think
of hyperlinks, mice, etc.