[Beowulf] A cluster of Arduinos

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Jan 12 02:16:28 PST 2012

> Interesting...
> That seems to be a growing trend, then.  So, now we just have to wait
> for them to actually exist.   The $35 B style board has Ethernet, and
> assuming one could netboot and operate "headless", then a stack
> o'raspberry PIs and a cheap Ethernet switch might be an alternate
> approach.

Regarding Ethernet switches, I had cause recently to look for an USB
powered switch
Such things exist, they are promoted for gamers.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8-port-eten-pw-108-pocket-size-metal-casi
ng-10-100-switch-usb-powered-lan-party!

You could imagine a cluster being powered by those USB adapters which
fit into the cigarette
lighter socket of a car.
How about a cluster which fits in the glovebox or under the seat of a
car?

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.