[Beowulf] A cluster of Arduinos

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 11 10:19:24 PST 2012

Yes..
And there's been a bunch of "value clusters" over the years (StoneSouperComputer, for instance)..

But that's still $3k.

I could see putting together 8 nodes for a few hundred dollars. Arduino Uno R3 is about $25 each in quantity.

Think in terms of a small class where you want to have, say, 10 mini-clusters, one per student. No sharing, etc.