[Beowulf] Help: Raspberry Pi Cluster

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 13 14:39:27 PST 2012

Yeah did you already check which big capital S processor the
raspberry Pi has?
Single core ARM and low clocked.

If you cluster ARMs, why not get for a few dollar more a quadcore
1.7Ghz ARM A9.

For example:

http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php?
g_code=G135341370451

If you buy a lot i bet you can get it for a big reduction.

If you produce a board yourself, buying in quadcore ARMs is relative
cheap.

With quadcores at least the ARM cluster can have a throughput then
that's higher than a single i7 CPU,
which shows the advantages of a cluster.

With raspberry pi's no one cares of course.