[Beowulf] RFC: Restrict posting to subscribers only ?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Aug 26 18:11:21 PDT 2012

On 08/26/2012 08:22 PM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

>> Also on another note something we could setup which would be easier
>> that anyone can manage would be untangle security distro. It has a
>> web based interface and all.
> Please no.  Let's let Penguin run their servers the way that they wish
> to.  We can offer to help with spam filtering configuration (which Joe
> has already done) but that doesn't need a whole distribution change.

Absolutely.  We'd be happy to help set this up as a service in POD (or
in a VM if they need, or running as a pipeline here, ... etc.)

Minimal changes are recommended.  If they use procmail or similar for
their mail, we can inject most of the pipeline there.  I did re-work it
for an updated postfix (circa 2.9).

BTW:  I still don't have admin access.  I'll bug Arend tomorrow.  I am
guessing my email got lost in the interwebs ...  (sadly since the switch
of our servers to EC2 for mail, this happens much more).

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics Inc.
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com