[Beowulf] 2 Security bugs fixed in Grid Engine

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:22:05 PDT 2012

Taras,

Updated for GE2011.11:

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/security.html

Note that with this patch, users won't be able to pass dangerous env.
vars into the environment of epilog or prolog (and SGE's rshd, sshd,
etc) via qsub -v or qsub -V . However, the user job environment is not
affected. Also, any of those "dangerous" env. vars can be inherited
from the execution daemon's original start environment (so if
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is really needed, set it in the execution daemon's
environment).

Compare to other implementations, we think our fix is not intrusive at
all. We have never seen any sites running epilog or prolog that needs
users' LD_LIBRARY_PATH to function.

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/