[Beowulf] materials for air shroud?

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Wed Sep 14 15:56:24 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:35:58AM -0600, Hearns, John wrote:
> Thinking about this,
> would vacuforming not be a good option?

Alternately, try "smash molding".

Short story: heat the plastic and pull it over a form.

Make a clamp fixture that holds the edges of the plastic on all sides.
Arrange the mold in a another fixture so it sits above (stands proud of)
the fixture.
Heat the plastic until plastic deformation starts. then pull it down
over the mold, well past the bottom of the mold.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.