[Beowulf] Announcing Grid Engine 2011.11 and SC11 demo & presentation

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:41:44 PST 2011

The Open Grid Scheduler Project is releasing a new major release: Grid
Engine 2011.11. We are using the open source model that was used by
Sun Grid Engine (2001 - 2009), and we offer open source (not open
core) Grid Engine with *optional* technical support. We have a growing
Grid Engine Community and joined by companies and system integrators
in the Grid Engine ecosystem.

New features
============

* Berkeley DB Spooling Directory can now be placed on NFS (NFSv3 or
older, basically any modern network filesystems)

* Portable Hardware Locality Library (was under alpha/beta since April 2011)

* CUDA GPU load sensor - uses NVIDIA Management Library (NVML)

* User notification mails can be sent from a configurable user ID

* Job exit status available to epilog - via $SGE_JOBEXIT_STAT

* ARM Linux support - ARMv7.

* qmake upgraded to version 3.82

* Support for Linux 3.0

* Perfstat library used on AIX, retiring ibm-loadsensor

* Support for newer AIX versions

* Tango qmon icons

* Code quality improvements - static code verifier used for testing

PQS API code cleaned up and we are releasing the PQS API Scheduler
Plugin Interface as technology preview.

SC11 Demo
=========
Gridcore/Gompute is kind enough to offer part of their 20x20 booth for
the Grid Engine 2011.11 demo. I am going to remotely give a
presentation on the new features of Grid Engine 2011.11, and also the
future of open source Grid Engine.

The proposed time slots are: 12:00 and 15:00 on Tuesday and Wedneday.

Please sign up for the presentation at the Gridcore/Gompute booth (#6002).

Download links
Download the latest release from sourceforge:
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/

Download release notes from the Scalable Logic homepage:
http://www.scalablelogic.com/

We are offering pre-compiled binaries. The temp. download site (before
we can upload everything to Sourceforge) for x64 Linux is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47200624/ge2011.11-x64.tar.gz

Rayson