[Beowulf] GP-GPU experience

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Mar 30 15:42:44 PDT 2011

On 03/21/2011 06:51 AM, Douglas Eadline wrote:
> I got to thinking about how others are fairing (or not)
> with GP-GPU technology. I put up a simple poll on
> ClusterMonkey to help get a general idea.
> (you can find it on the front page right top)
> If you have a moment, please provide
> your experience (results are available as well).

We've seen some reasonable speedup (12x) with some matlab code using Jacket.
It required up-to-the-minute bugfixes/enhancements from Accelereyes to get it
working though.  Ran into lots of limitations with some other code (sparse
matrices) that prevented it from being usable.  Have some reports of success
with gpulib and IDL.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com