[Beowulf] Question: has anyone seen strange network timing bits on Nehalem/Westmere based motherboards?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Jun 23 08:53:19 PDT 2011

Hi folks

  I seem to recall, though I can't remember where, seeing about 6-8
months ago, reports of some strange network jitter for these platforms.
  This is Nehalem/Westmere specific, didn't impact the earlier CPUs.
For some reason, my memory is of a strange driver-NUMA connection, but I
am not sure at this time.

  Trying to trace something down, and gathering the background material
first.  Gigabit ethernet, Intel NICs on the motherboard.  Single IOH.

  Thanks!

Joe
--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D