[Beowulf] dsh basic question on node/task ID

Reuti reuti at Staff.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue Sep 21 10:57:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

Am 20.09.2010 um 18:40 schrieb Tim Smith:

> I am new to parallel computing, so please forgive the naive question.
>
> I am using the dsh command on an OSX cluster and would like to read in the node number from within the executed program. For example, with the Sun Grid Engine, I would run the following command:
>
> /share/bin/R "--args $SEGMENTS $SGE_TASK_ID" < testR.r

the $SGE_TASK_ID will only be set for an array job. So I wonder, how you will get the node number/name out of it. Any task of an array job can be scheduled to any node and is independent from any other task of the array job.

-- Reuti