[Beowulf] How to make a BeagleBoard Elastic R Beowulf Cluster in a Briefcase

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 16 15:40:06 PDT 2010

Jim Lux
+1(818)354-2075

If you were writing proposals to scale up to hundreds of nodes, especially if you are self-funding the proposal work, then having demonstrated it on a cluster at all might lend credibility to your proposal, especially if the proposal evaluators are not cluster-afficionados (so they question the applicability of clusters in general, and are ignorant of the scaling issues)

> Of course I'm still trying to build my HAL 9000
> clone.
>
> --
> Doug

I don't think you want to do that, Doug...