[Beowulf] 48-port 10gig switches?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Sep 1 23:00:05 PDT 2010

Press about the new Voltaire 6048 48p 10g switch indicates that it's a
single switch chip:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/30/voltaire_vantage_6048/

Arista seems to have a similar product at a similarish list price, and
that list price is a lot less than chassis switches using 24p silicon.

Fujitsu isn't selling a 48p switch, and I'm not up enough on silicon
vendors to tell you if Fulcrum is still the only other vendor. I
used to know this stuff, then I left HPC to build a search engine :-)

-- greg