[Beowulf] "Go" programming language

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 22:19:58 PDT 2010

Has anyone tried the "Go" programming language on a beowulf?

The language's homepage says,
" Its concurrency mechanisms make it easy to write programs that get the
most out of multicore and networked machines..."
(from http://golang.org/)

The wiki is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28programming_language%29

I'm sure I'll use MPI but Google hired some pretty cool language designers.

Peter

P.S. described somewhere as "merging C++ with Python" which maybe explains
an odd white-space rule (open curly bracket can't begin a line because it
would confuse automated semicolon line endings), Yuk.