[Beowulf] Anybody using Redhat HPC Solution in their Beowulf

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Fri Oct 29 08:49:26 PDT 2010

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 at 00:11 -0000, Richard Chang wrote:
> On 10/22/2010 11:26 PM, Alex Chekholko wrote:

> > The RH HPC mailing list suggests this project is inactive:
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhel-hpc-list/
>
> I didn't check that. I never knew that an inactive mailing list
> means an in-active project.

But an idle mailing list is often (not always) a very good indication
of the quality of the project.

Some things may be old, well known, rock solid and have usable
documentation.  Otherwise an idle mailing list is a strong beware
sign.

Likewise, web sites that say "coming soon" and are dated more than a
year ago are good warning signs.

Web sites without dates (including years) are another caution sign.