[Beowulf] Looking for references for parallelization and optimization

Dmitri Chubarov dmitri.chubarov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:51:24 PDT 2010

Dear Micha,

we are working on a course on the subject for Novosibirsk University. There
are several widely used books that we use as reference material for the
optimization part of the course. In particular,
 * Stefan Goedecker, Adolfy Hoisie, "Performance optimization of numerically
intensive codes", SIAM, 2000.
 * Kewin Wadleigh, Isom Crawford, "Software optimization for High
Performance Computing", HP Professional Books, 2000

We would like to start with more theoretical approaches, like an
introduction to dependency graph analysis, asymptotic analysis of algorithms
and then proceed with specific optimization techniques like the ones
described in the above books.

Please compile a list from the responses you will receive from Beowulf
community. I would definitely find such a list very helpful.

Best regards,
 Dima