[Beowulf] Anybody using Redhat HPC Solution in their Beowulf

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:23:00 PDT 2010

On 10/22/2010 6:21 PM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> Is there something Rocks is not providing that you need?  I haven't
> used Rocks in a few years, but from what I can recall it's a decent
> solution for someone just starting out.  There certainly are other
> solutions on the market.  I think it comes down to which flavor of HPC
> software you feel most comfortable administering, not necessarily what
> other people "think" you should be running.

Thanks Michael,

I am satisfied with Rocks, but my group people wanted something well supported that means, RHEL instead of CentOS and "some other PAID" cluster manager instead of Rocks, especially, when we have the budget.

Somehow, I have not been able to convince my folks that Rocks is a much better solution than the PAID ones.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway!!.

regards,
Richard.