[Beowulf] Anybody using Redhat HPC Solution in their Beowulf

Steve Crusan scrusan at UR.Rochester.edu
Fri Oct 22 00:01:08 PDT 2010

I've tried it, and honestly, I wasn't impressed. The solution isn't *bad*,
but I think if you want more flexibility; go with a combination of xcat +
torque + maui.

I guess it is a matter of preference. I haven't been doing this work more
than a few years, so a senior contributor might have better guidance, but
using those tools, building an HPC Cluster isn't like building the pyramids
of Egypt.

It really all depends on what the governing bodies of your organization
want...

PS: I looked for docs on that same RH cluster solution also, and had very
little luck finding any.