[Beowulf] Build a Beowulf Cluster from zero.

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:53:39 PDT 2010

Tony,

Usual, short advice is to start with RGB's Beowulf web page, which links to
other things but particularly his own online docs:

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/Beowulf/beowulf.php

For starting out thinking about this subject, the wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beowulf_(computing)

Then you can write back to us with more specifics, e.g. what kind of
application you have in mind (weather forecasting? Controlling a huge grid
of flat screens? minimizing FPS for WoW?) and get more specific, directed
advice. Also building one, budget matters alot (4096 dual socket quad core
4GHz liquid cooled? or half a dozen $150 ARM miniboards cobbled together in
a suitcase?)

Good luck,
Peter