[Beowulf] cluster profiling

Joachim Worringen worringen at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:06:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 2 November 2010 21:45, tomislav_maric at gmx.com <tomislav.maric at gmx.com> wrote:
>

>> Can anyone here tell me if I am at least stepping in the right direction? :) Please, don't say "it depends".
>>

> This sounds very cool.
> To be honest, most people use Excel spreadsheets to plot this sort of thing.
> If you can produce an automated framework to do this it would be very
> interesting.

Be sure to check out http://perfbase.tigris.org, which is a
Python/PostgreSQL toolkit for exactly this purpose. It saves you the
nightmare of managing, analysing and visualizing experiment data this
crude, manual way.

I use it (and designed, write and maintain it) for 5 years now,
currently with application to my job in the financial sector. My
database currently has some 400GB of data in it.  Release 1.2.0 was
just released yesterday, which included parallized queries to speed
them up.

 Joachim