[Beowulf] cluster scheduler for dynamic tree-structured jobs?

Skylar Thompson skylar at cs.earlham.edu
Sat May 15 10:45:58 PDT 2010

On 05/15/10 08:44, Andrew Piskorski wrote:
>> SGE does this and can make it available as XML.
>>
> Which reminds me, I need to look harder to figure out WHERE exactly
> SGE stores its node configuration data, and how I can perhaps extend
> it with additional information, like the network topology between my
> nodes.  This is probably simple but it wasn't obvious from the
> (voluminous) SGE docs.

I think it depends on whether you're using text or BDB as your backend.
If you're using text, it'll be in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL, with
node-specific customizations in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/local_conf. I'm not
sure about BDB though.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar at cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/