[Beowulf] Re: pdsh question

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed May 12 07:03:38 PDT 2010

I wrote:

> Prentice Bisbal <prentice at ias.edu> writes:
>
>> 1. Do you build and RPM from the .spec file, which doesn't support
>> genders, or do you configure/compile yourself?
>
> ?? I'm pretty sure I built it with genders using the supplied spec file.
> Check the comments at the top about configuration -- I don't have it to
> hand.

For what it's worth, it seems I used

  rpmbuild --without dshgroups --without netgroup --without machines --with nodeupdown --with genders

along with the whatsup pingd module.  (pingd gives a more reliable -v
than ganglia since ganglia gives false negatives if gmond dies and false
positives if you simply feed out-of-band metrics with gmetric.  It's a
bit unclean to have pingd and Nagios both pinging, but I don't think it
has a practical effect.)