[Beowulf] Re: looking for good distributed shell program

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Wed May 12 04:23:59 PDT 2010

On 12/05/10 09:06, Tim Cutts wrote:

>>> Second that recommendation - we use that one too.  It's pre-packaged for Debian family distros, dunno about RPM flavour distros.
>>
>> Why that rather than pdsh, especially in an HPC setting?  (pdsh is in
>> Debian too, for what it's worth.)
>
> No explicit reason - it was the first one we encountered that did what we needed.

Hello, Tim and Dave.

I use "dsh" because it's simpler than "pdsh" and, as Tim said, it does
the job we want it to do: We used it to crawl around lists of machines
checking if things are working, but I'm using Nagios2 for that now :-)

Bye,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK