[Beowulf] Liquid cooling from 3M

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman brian.ropers.huilman at gmail.com
Fri May 7 08:49:00 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 07:31, Hearns, John <john.hearns at mclaren.com> wrote:

> As this list always seems to be interested in liquid cooling,
> here's a webinar from the Register on some new liquid cooling from 3M,
> called passive 2-phase immersion cooling:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/07/new_data_center_cooling/

All, we have been in conversations with 3M about this technology and were
even written into a DoE grant with them for potential testing of such a
system. I'm still hoping we can move forward with a prototype system
regardless of grant status. There technology is exciting. There is another
Minnesota-based company, Hardcore Computers
http://http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/, who also make a
liquid immersed system that we hope to be testing soon as well.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director
Systems Administration and Technical Operations